Location: St. Paul, MN with Hybrid Opportunities
Posted: April 19th, 2023
de maximis data management solution, Inc. (ddms) is a growing, progressive, service-oriented company providing cutting-edge data management, visualization, GIS, chemistry, development, and hosting services to the environmental and energy market sectors. For this reason, our team is made up of some of the brightest scientists, database managers, certified GIS analysts, software engineers, and cartographers obsessed about extracting the deep insights hidden within data. Together, we optimize the flow of data from the field, convert that data to meaningful analytics, and enable stakeholders to consume that information in intuitive ways.
Does using cutting-edge technology inside a growing company and helping improve our environment through data insights sound like you? If you’d like to work with these smart people, please take a look at this opportunity.
Are you ddms’ next IT Manager? We’re looking for a talented person to empower all ddms service areas by ensuring our technical processes are running effectively. If this is you, these are our priorities in searching for a successful candidate.
- Windows Server and Applications Support (MSCE preferred)
- AWS whole architecture and domain management
- SOC 2 Type II Certification ownership including policy usage and enforcement.
- Relationship management with 3rd party IT Services Provider
As our next IT Manager, you are a service minded individual who follows through on commitments and has experience supporting internal and external customers. As someone who pays attention to detail, you understand the importance of, and can track, measure, and make visible work requests through a ticket tracking system.
While you’ll have the support of an outside vendor, you are a critical thinker who finds ways to make good solutions better and dig in to find efficiencies which utilize the organization resources most effectively. This includes license tracking and automation as well as subscription optimization.
Ideally you have a background or interest in becoming proficient at database/server administration, keeping software up to date, and managing user permissions. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to manage security for internal and external systems and contribute towards company strategic direction as it relates to technology and continuous improvement.
If this seems like an opportunity in which you can both thrive and find satisfaction, please apply.
IT Manager responsibilities:
- Oversee AWS whole architecture and domain management.
- Provide Windows Server and Applications Support
- Take on SOC 2 Type II Certification ownership including policy usage and enforcement.
- Maintain and develop relationship with third party IT Services Provider
- Use latest technology to keep communication lines running smoothly and protect critical data.
- Oversee all business technical aspects, such as computer setup and management, employee email distribution, and server management.
- Bring a service mentality to your work.
- Able to track, measure and make visible requests via a ticket tracking system with visibility and metrics available.
- Provide guidance for sourcing solutions on enterprise software configuration and integrations.
- Grow into providing internal applications support.
IT Manager requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or comparable professional experience
- 5-7 years’ experience leading informational technology in a technology-based organization.
- Proven ability to be forward thinking and strategize best decisions not only for the moment but for the longer-term needs of the organization.
- From a soft skills standpoint, you:
- Follow-through on commitments.
- Have an analytical mindset.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Are proactive.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Use strategic thinking and visioning.
- Are an excellent communicator.
While ddms is committed to our flexible hybrid office attendance policy, this position will be local to the Twin Cities Metropolitan area and will require consistent onsite attendance.