Location: St. Paul, MN or Remote
Posted: February 1st, 2023
de maximis data management solution, Inc. (ddms) is a growing, progressive, service-oriented company providing cutting-edge data management, visualization, GIS, chemistry, development, and hosting services to the environmental and energy market sectors. For this reason, our team is made up of some of the brightest scientists, database managers, certified GIS analysts, software engineers, and cartographers obsessed about extracting the deep insights hidden within data. Together, we optimize the flow of data from the field, convert that data to meaningful analytics, and enable stakeholders to consume that information in intuitive ways.
Does using cutting-edge technology inside a growing company and helping improve our environment through data insights sounds like you? If you’d like to work with these smart people, please take a look at this opportunity.
Are you our next full-time Project Manager at ddms? If so, you like to be in charge, running all financial, contractual, and technical aspects of client and internal projects. Each of our Project Managers is solely responsible for the total satisfaction of each of their clients and for delivering ddms’ work products to specification, on time and within budget. As a Project Manager, you will oversee project teams including Analysts, Technicians, Programmers and/or Data Validators. You embrace the concept of competing priorities because you know how to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You believe in what you do and as such partner with other project managers to collectively act as the business development arm of ddms, growing the footprint of existing projects (when it benefits the client) and obtaining new projects from existing and new clients.
You have demonstrated leadership in driving continuous improvement in workflow and skill sets and have proven ability to contribute toward the building and improvement of ddms’ environmental data training programs, emphasizing standardization and error reduction.
Project Manager responsibilities:
- Will manage/lead more than one project and/or client at a time.
- Responsible for growing the footprint of project portfolio (when it benefits the client).
- Obtaining new projects from existing clients as well as identifying and acquiring new clients.
- Provide leadership to continually improve project teams.
- Contribute towards improving ddms’ technical training programs. Identify, communicate, and eliminate waste of overproduction, time (waiting), transportation, over processing, inventory (resources), movement and defects throughout the data life cycle.
- Management of the complexities associated with the client’s needs and the efficient delegation of tasks to project staff.
- Setting and managing scope of work, budgets and resources Management of third-party vendors and contractors.
- Cross-selling additional ddms services Identification and acquisition of new clients and/or projects.
Project Manager requirements:
Requirements include the ability and technical background to sufficiently perform, or at a bare minimum oversee the technical tasks of an analyst as listed below:
- 3+ years’ experience managing environmental databases using EarthSoft’s EQuIS core product line (Professional, EDP) or similar software including managing data workflows and configuring reports
- Solid understanding of relational databases including the core EQuIS Schema, SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience managing environmental databases, using database applications, and reporting tools (e.g., Microsoft Access, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, R Studio)
- Proven fluency in modern office software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the physical sciences, computer science, engineering, or geology
- Experience in the environmental remediation industry
- Project or Task Management experience; ability to contribute towards project, task, and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills; comfortable communicating and presenting to clients, vendors, etc.
- Exceptional work ethic
- Positive attitude, ability, and desire to learn new technical skills quickly, as well as show critical thinking
- Must be a self-motivator, enjoy problem solving, and able to work both independently and within team environments
- Ability to commit to infrequent travel throughout the year
Desirable skills (not required):
- Experience with other EQuIS products (EDGE, SPM, Live/High-Frequency Data, Alive Biological Data, DQM Data Qualification Module) and EQuIS Enterprise Widget/Dashboard configuration and permissions administration
- Experience programming/ scripting (Python, R, Java, C#, VB.NET…)
- Experience using analytics and reporting software (e.g., PowerBI, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Tableau)
- Experience using Esri ArcGIS software products