Office Administrator/HR Assistant
Office Administrator/HR Assistant
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posted: October 4th, 2023
de maximis data management solution, Inc. (ddms) is a growing, progressive, service-oriented company providing cutting-edge data management, visualization, GIS, chemistry, development, and hosting services to the environmental and energy market sectors. For this reason, our team is made up of some of the brightest scientists, database managers, certified GIS analysts, software engineers, and cartographers obsessed about extracting the deep insights hidden within data. Together, we optimize the flow of data from the field, convert that data to meaningful analytics, and enable stakeholders to consume that information in intuitive ways.
Does supporting the work environment for this group of friendly scientists interest you? Do you like to help people perform better in their jobs? Are you a proactive go-getter who likes to be one step ahead? If so, please consider this opportunity.
ddms is seeking an outstanding Office Administrator/HR Assistant for our St. Paul location.
The Office Administrator/HR Assistant will take on the office duties of our St. Paul location as well as administrative support for our small, but nationwide team. This includes general support for our two executives and Human Resources. This position also comes with an opportunity to manage and grow the Learning and Development initiatives within the organization. While most of the work week must be on location, this position offers a motivated individual excellent opportunity for flexibility, autonomy, and professional growth.
If this seems like an opportunity in which you can both thrive and find satisfaction, please apply.
Office Administrator/HR Assistant responsibilities:
- Own the operational duties of our downtown St. Paul office including:
- Day-to-day relationship with building ownership group, managing passes, reserving meeting rooms, announcements, etc.
- Manage parking passes for employees.
- Assure space is stocked with necessary office equipment, printers are functioning, food and drinks are purchased and stocked for local team.
- Be a local presence and occasionally available for vendors on-site.
- Track and replace office supplies as necessary to avoid interruptions in standard front office procedures.
- Manage emails, letters, packages, phone calls and other forms of correspondence.
- Minor space management including watering plants, running, and emptying the dishwasher; opportunity to re-establish kitchen rules.
- All Company Administrative Support:
- Vital member of planning team for bi-annual summer get-together.
- Setting up hotels for employees visiting from out of town
- Weekly announcements email for Out of Office, Anniversary, and general updates.
- General resource for questions and requests from greater ddms team.
- Administrative Support for CEO and CFO
- General support work as needed by company officers.
- Preparing documents for staff meetings.
- Making reservations or ordering food as necessary.
- Seeking and providing general information as needed.
- Collaboration and support of Human Resources function
- Work with HR Manager to assume some administrative duties.
- Coordinate orientation and training sessions for new employees as well as equipment purchase and shipping.
- Organize occasional purchases of company branded materials (T-shirts, mugs, etc.) for staff and other events.
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining employee databases and sorting incoming emails for the HR department.
- Collaborate on creating employee engagement plans, getting necessary budget approval, and initiating activities.
learning and development:
- Manage and grow the Learning & Development initiatives within the organization.
- Become knowledgeable of the internal L&D platform to support managers in their L& D work with reports.
- Identify future training needs and help coordinate content creation within the L&D site.
- Work with HR Manager to develop a skills matrix for learning opportunities and establishing career paths within the organization.
- Searching for gaps in training content and materials that need updating to generate higher productivity and safety among staff.
- Setting up executive or leadership development programs for employee development.
Office Administrator/HR Assistant requirements:
- 3-4 years’ experience in office management or administrative support with an associate degree.
- 1-2 years professional experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional at following through on commitments and attentions to detail.
- A mature approach to time management with the ability to be proactive and self-manage when necessary.
- Enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and willing to give and receive grace.
Desired Skill (Not required):
- Able to support bookkeeping and budgeting procedures for the company