Environmental Data Analyst
Environmental Data Analyst
Job Code: MPG20220124-EDA
Location: St. Paul, MN or Remote
Posted: February 1st, 2023
de maximis data management solution, Inc. (ddms) is a growing, progressive, service-oriented company providing cutting-edge data management, visualization, GIS, chemistry, development, and hosting services to the environmental and energy market sectors. For this reason, our team is made up of some of the brightest scientists, database managers, certified GIS analysts, software engineers, and cartographers obsessed about extracting the deep insights hidden within data. Together, we optimize the flow of data from the field, convert that data to meaningful analytics, and enable stakeholders to consume that information in intuitive ways.
Does using cutting-edge technology inside a growing company and helping improve our environment through data insights sound like you? If you’d like to work with these smart people, please take a look at this opportunity.
Are you our next full-time Environmental Data Analyst at ddms? If so, you excel at performing data management and visualization services for large-scale environmental remediation, such as Superfund or Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) sites. As an Environmental Data Analyst, you will work closely with Project Managers and clients to determine technical direction and requirements for various aspects of the environmental data management, analysis, and visualizations. Your day-to-day duties include the tasks associated with managing, analyzing, and reporting analytical and field measurement data collected through various sampling events.
You love collaboration and will work as part of a multi-office project team that includes Project Managers, Analysts, Technicians, Programmers, Software Engineers, Geologist, and Chemists. Your duties will include managing legacy data migrations; designing, automating, and documenting system workflows and processes; GIS maintenance and development; cloud application management; help desk-type system support and significant contributions toward frequent team meetings, project management, and client communications. This includes hands-on work and some supervision of work done by others.
- 3+ years’ experience managing environmental databases using EarthSoft’s EQuIS core product line (Professional, EDP) or similar software including managing data workflows and configuring reports
- Solid understanding of relational databases including the core EQuIS Schema, SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience managing environmental databases, using database applications, and reporting tools (e.g., Microsoft Access, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, R Studio)
- Proven fluency in modern office software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the physical sciences, computer science, engineering or geology
- Experience in the environmental remediation industry
- Project or Task Management experience; ability to contribute towards project, task and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills; comfortable communicating and presenting to clients, vendors, etc.
- Exceptional work ethic
- Positive attitude, ability and desire to learn new technical skills quickly, as well as show critical thinking
- Must be a self-motivator, enjoy problem solving, and able to work both independently and within team environments
- Ability to commit to infrequent travel throughout the year
Desirable skills (not required):
- Experience with other EQuIS products (EDGE, SPM, Live/High-Frequency Data, Alive Biological Data, DQM Data Qualification Module) and EQuIS Enterprise Widget/Dashboard configuration and permissions administration
- Experience programming/ scripting (Python, R, Java, C#, VB.NET…)
- Experience using analytics and reporting software (e.g., PowerBI, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Tableau)
- Experience using Esri ArcGIS software products