Environmental Data Analyst
Environmental Data Analyst
Job Code: MEP202103111-001
Location: St. Paul, MN, San Diego, CA or Remote Option
Posted: March 11, 2021
de maximis Data Management Solutions (ddms) is seeking a full-time Data Analyst for ddms’ St. Paul or San Diego offices or, for the right candidate, as a remote/ work from home position. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-office project team which includes Project Managers, Analysts, Technicians, Programmers, Software Engineers, Geologists and Chemists. Analysts perform data management and visualization services for large-scale environmental remediation, such as Superfund or Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) sites. In addition, this role may work on environmental management information systems implementations, primarily using the EarthSoft EQuIS product suite.
Data Analysts work closely with Project Managers and clients to determine technical direction and requirements for various aspects of the environmental data management, analysis, and visualizations. Day-to-day duties include the tasks associated with managing, analyzing and reporting analytical and field measurement data collected through various sampling events. Duties also include managing legacy data migrations; designing, automating, and documenting system workflows and processes; GIS maintenance and development; cloud application management; help desk-type system support and significant contributions towards frequent team meetings, project management and client communications. Duties include both hands-on work and supervision of work done by others. This position requires the ability to commit to infrequent travel throughout the year.
- 3+ years’ experience managing environmental databases using EarthSoft’s EQuIS core product line (Professional, EDP) or similar software including managing data workflows and configuring reports
- Solid understanding of relational databases including the core EQuIS Schema, SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience managing environmental databases, using database applications, and reporting tools (e.g., Microsoft Access, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, R Studio)
- Proven fluency in modern office software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the physical sciences, computer science, engineering or geology
- Experience in the environmental remediation industry
- Project or Task Management experience; ability to contribute towards project, task and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills; comfortable communicating and presenting to clients, vendors, etc.
- Exceptional work ethic
- Positive attitude, ability and desire to learn new technical skills quickly, as well as show critical thinking
- Must be a self-motivator, enjoy problem solving, and able to work both independently and within team environments
Desirable skills (not required):
- Experience with other EQuIS products (EDGE, SPM, Live/High-Frequency Data, Alive Biological Data, DQM Data Qualification Module) and EQuIS Enterprise Widget/Dashboard configuration and permissions administration
- Experience programming/ scripting (Python, R, Java, C#, VB.NET…)
- Experience using analytics and reporting software (e.g., PowerBI, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Tableau)
- Experience using Esri ArcGIS software products