Location: St. Paul, MN or Remote
Posted: August 2nd, 2023
de maximis data management solution, Inc. (ddms) is a growing, progressive, service-oriented company providing cutting-edge data management, visualization, GIS, chemistry, development, and hosting services to the environmental and energy market sectors. For this reason, our team is made up of some of the brightest scientists, database managers, certified GIS analysts, software engineers, and cartographers obsessed about extracting the deep insights hidden within data. Together, we optimize the flow of data from the field, convert that data to meaningful analytics, and enable stakeholders to consume that information in intuitive ways.
Does using cutting-edge technology inside a growing company and helping improve our environment through data insights sound like you? If you’d like to work with these smart people, please take a look at this opportunity.
Are you next to join ddms’ outstanding Environmental Chemistry Services team?
An Environmental Chemist may manage more than one project and/or client at a time. All Environmental Chemists may also be expected to collectively serve as part of the business development arm of ddms and are responsible for growing the footprint of their projects (when it benefits the client), obtaining new projects from existing clients and identifying and retaining new clients through networking, conferences, and other professional opportunities.
Environmental chemists may serve as projects managers (PMs) for environmental chemistry projects, overseeing all financial, contractual, and technical aspects of client (non-ddms managed data) and internal projects (ddms managed data). As a PM, the Environmental Chemists may be responsible for the satisfaction of each of their clients and for delivering ddms’ work products to specifications, on time, and within budget. Environmental Chemists may oversee project teams, which may include one or more ddms data analysts, technicians, and/or other Environmental Chemists. If this seems like an opportunity in which you can both thrive and find satisfaction, please apply.
Environmental Chemist responsibilities:
- Have sufficient technical expertise and knowledge to make scientifically defensible decisions with respect to data usability.
- Expertise in all levels of data review and data validation.
- Communicate and discuss custom reporting requirements with data analysts to generate project-specific tables.
- Ability to communicate both within the department and with other colleagues.
- Solid Environmental Laboratory Experience including familiarity with analytical methods.
- Assist with the preparation of QAPP Worksheets as related to analytical and data review procedures.
- Communicate complicated, technical scenarios and implications to multiple parties (contractors, laboratories, data analysts, consultants) resulting in resolutions.
- Be knowledgeable in agency data validation guidelines.
- Assist in preparing data validation SOPs for internal use.
- Provide assistance in the capacity of project chemist.
- Support the drafting of white papers explaining technical subjects of potential interest to existing and potential clients and colleagues.
- Assist in building/creating tools to further the development of the ddms automation process.
project management contributions:
- Work directly with clients to field requests, deliver output, and discuss complexities associated with on-going tasks (may include travel).
- Provide oversight and QA/QC of tasks performed by other ECs and, potentially, other ddms personnel.
- Understanding the roles of outside contractors, as necessary.
- Constant assessment and recommendation to the client of where ddms services might be brought to bear on a project when it benefits the client.
- Identification and acquisition of new projects through existing clients or of new projects through new clients.
- Further self-learning and guidance from others, while providing guidance to advance competency of the entire department.
- Contribute towards building and continually improving ddms’ technical training programs. ddms training should emphasis accuracy, technical validity, standardization, and error reduction.
- Be vigilant in identifying, communicating, and eliminating waste.