ddms offers an experienced environmental litigation support team which has been instrumental in keeping associated costs under control while providing quality analytical services and creating high quality products for use both as work product and trial exhibits.
ddms offers the following key litigation services:
Environmental Data Management and Analysis
Data integrity is crucial especially in the context of litigation. ddms’ experienced data management staff can assist with assembling data from a myriad of sources into one cohesive and standardized database in a format best suited to the scenario whether its ddms’ internal standard or an third party format (e.g., EQuIS). Once the data are ready, ddms’ staff are also experienced in spatial and time series data analysis. Additionally, ddms believes strongly in putting data into the hands of experts and end users that need it. The Environmental Database Module in Project Portal allows other case stakeholders to access, analyze and download data at their convenience.
2 and 3D Graphic Generation
ddms’ staff is an industry leader in leveraging state-of-the-art technology to generate stunning maps, concept diagrams, presentations and interactive 3D environmental visualizations. Towards this end, ddms utilizes the latest versions of ArcGIS®, EVS/MVS® and Adobe® software products.
Because of ddms’ strong background in leveraging the use of GIS technology, spatial (map) data are created, managed and organized accurately and efficiently. This ensures that subsequent map and graphic products are created in a highly cost effective and accurate manner and also ensures that the data represented in the graphic products are consistent with respect to one another.
ddms’ staff offers many years of experience in managing the goals, budgets and deadlines associated with complex environmental projects. ddms also offers an understanding of environmental industry parties, consultants and contractors and their respective roles. ddms can offer large litigation cases assistance with consultant and expert personnel management under the ultimate guidance and directives of the leading attorneys.
Document, Data and Schedule Management
with Project Portal™
One of the most cost intensive aspects of any litigation is the simple day-to-day management and organization associated with tracking schedules, finding key documents and working through the mechanics of communicating and distributing data in a secure and appropriate fashion within the team.
Project Portal, ddms’ web-based project management application, has proven to be an invaluable tool when used in a litigation context. Project Portal offers the following key benefits specifically within a litigation environment:
- Security – each user has individual credentials in which either allows or precludes them from seeing specific Modules or documents
- Tracking – detailed user tracking can either be implemented or turned off depending on discovery implications
- Document Management – an intuitive system which allows for the efficient storage and retrieval of project files. The Document Management Module 1) provides one centralized location to organize files; 2) is a conduit for transfer of files too big for email; 3) provides a means to apply and test strict user rights management per document; 4) has built in notification system for notifying other Portal users of the posting; and 5) supports upload, download and deletion of multiple files at a time.
- Environmental Database – a powerful module which extends access to critical environmental data to project team members securely. The Environmental DB Module offers the ability to query, graph map and export data and also allows users to look up static information associated with specific sample locations.
- Geographic Information (Mapping Application) – as almost all data has a spatial component, this interactive mapping utility allows end users to view environmental sites and associated features via internet. This system eliminates the need for additional costly desktop software. Site features (e.g., historic aerials photography, wells, utilities, parcels etc) may be turned on and off. This module also has a tie to the environmental database in that data queried there may be posted to the map. Finally, this module may be customized such that documents, drawings and photos may be accessed by clicking specific locations on the map display.