Get Help with TNI Certification!
The California State Water Resources Control Board has adopted new regulations that update the State’s Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP) requirements that adhere to TNI Certification.
I need more information on certification!
What is TNI Certification?
The California State Water Resources Control Board has adopted new regulations that update the State’s Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP) requirements. These regulations, which went into effect May 5, 2020, include the requirement that accredited laboratories comply with the 2016 NELAC Institute (TNI) Standard. The new California regulations have a three-year grace period, ending on October 1, 2023, for transitioning to the 2016 TNI standard.
ddms understands how difficult, time consuming and confusing the TNI accreditation process can be. There is a lot to accomplish by the deadline! Our Environmental Chemistry experts, which includes TNI trained assessors, have assisted multiple laboratories in obtaining and maintaining their TNI accreditation. We understand the unique challenges of smaller laboratories that do not have dedicated individuals to handle accreditation and recognize that there can be significant impacts on your team. Ourspecialists in quality assessment and assurance will work directly with your laboratory, become part of your team and ensure your success.
How to get started with TNI Accreditation
First, we’ll hold an initial discussion, at no cost to you. This will identify where you are in the transition process and what your needs will be. Not sure what you need? We walk you through that, too.
We provide the following focused services to help your certification process:
- Provide training on interpretation and requirements of the TNI Standard.
- Review and update the laboratory’s Quality System documentation to comply with the TNI Standard.
- Prepare any additional quality documents needed and establish or improve document control procedures.
- Develop internal audit program.
- Develop a corrective action process or revise your existing process as needed; train personnel on the root cause analysis/corrective action procedures.
- Develop a Data Integrity and Ethics training procedure or ensure that the existing procedure meets the TNI Standard; provide an initial training and train a member of your staff to carry that process forward.
- Review and update the Quality Manual to comply with the TNI Standard.
- Evaluate current staff training process and make any necessary recommendations.
Finally, our team always includes a final check for preparedness and an audit of your facility ahead of your TNI assessor visit.
With ddms, you have access to real-time communication with our specialists who will provide immediate answers to your questions or concerns during the entire TNI accreditation process. Contact us today to get started on transforming your laboratory!