Location: St. Paul, MN
Posted: November 17th, 2023
de maximis data management solution, Inc. (ddms) is a growing, progressive, service-oriented company providing cutting-edge data management, visualization, GIS, chemistry, development, and hosting services to the environmental and energy market sectors.
Our team is made up of some of the brightest scientists, database managers, certified GIS analysts, software engineers, and cartographers obsessed with extracting the deep insights hidden within data. Together, we optimize the flow of data from the field, convert that data to meaningful analytics, and enable stakeholders to consume that information in intuitive ways.
Does using cutting-edge technology inside a growing company and helping improve our environment through data insights sound like you? If you’d like to work with these smart people, please take a look at this opportunity.
Are you our next Software Architect? This is our letter to you. You are passionate about environmental data sciences and have the technical expertise to drive software development in this field. We value a positive, supportive culture and those who desire to make a difference. Your amazing skills will help us align technology with the company’s focus on efficiency and client support.
If this seems like an opportunity in which you can both thrive and find satisfaction, please apply.
Software Architect responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our in-house team of product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into system architectures.
- Act with urgency in providing leadership and guidance to the development team.
- Communicating business requirements, criteria and needs to software development teams, ensure technical designs are optimized to meet business needs.
- Ownership over final technical designs, approaches, tools, and platforms.
- Communicate back to the business on how technology can best meet business objectives, identifying and exploring emerging technologies – help leadership make good business decisions.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies and frameworks that can improve system performance and sustainability.
- Address technical concerns, ideas, and suggestions, and provide a framework for making technical decisions.
- Own estimation process.
- Oversee the development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing.
- Support developers with coaching and design review.
- Assist in coaching Business Analysts to ensure their work is supporting efficient use of the development team.
- Create annual plan and recommendations for technical debt work.
- Monitor for scope creep.
- Distribute software development tasks to a team of developers.
- Write sections of code as part of development in a project
Software Architect requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or another related field.
- 5-7 years’ working as a software engineer or comparable work experience as part of a software engineering team.
- From a soft skills standpoint, you:
- Are honest and hold integrity as a core value.
- Follow through on your commitments.
- Have an analytical mind.
- Take pride in helping others develop their skills.
- Are calm under pressure.
- Value creativity and innovation
- Are able to persuade people to get behind your great ideas.
- Elasticsearch, and familiarity with emerging AI technologies is highly desired.
- Experience with developing for SAAS applications, preferably in the Content Management or GIS spaces.
- Experience working in Agile development best practices.
- Has worked within a DevOPs CI/CD environment on cloud infrastructure, ideally Azure or AWS.
This position can be hybrid in our St. Paul, MN office within the Twin Cities area.