Sr. Environmental Database Manager (Sr. Data Analyst)
Job Code: RLB20170904-021
Posted: September 5, 2017
de maximis Data Management Solutions (ddms) is seeking a full-time Sr. Environmental Database Manager (Sr. Data Analyst). The location for this position is flexible and could potentially be work-from-home for the right candidate. The successful candidate will mainly work as part of a multi-office project team focusing on large-scale Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) implementations, primarily using the EarthSoft EQuIS product suite. Sr. Analysts work closely with the client to determine technical direction and requirements for various aspects of the EMIS implementation, perform system configuration and set up, and provide help desk-type system support.
Day-to-day tasks include meeting with clients, configuring reports and data collection processes, administering EQuIS permissions, working with development teams on customizations, managing legacy data migrations, designing and implementing workflows, and documenting system workflows and processes. Duties include both hands-on work and management of work done by others, as well as significant contributions towards team meetings, project management, and client trainings and communications. This position requires the ability to commit to infrequent travel throughout the year.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing environmental databases using EarthSoft’s EQuIS core product line (Professional, EDP) including managing data workflows and configuring reports, and a solid understanding of the core EQuIS schema
- Experience managing environmental databases, using database applications, and related languages (e.g., Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL syntax)
- Proven fluency in modern office software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the physical sciences, computer science, engineering or geography
- Experience in the environmental remediation industry
- Project or Task Management experience; ability to contribute towards project, task and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills; comfortable communicating and presenting to clients, vendors, etc.
- Exceptional work ethic
- Positive attitude and ability and desire to learn new technical skills quickly
- Must be a self-motivator, enjoy problem solving, and able to work both independently and within team environments
Desirable but not required:
- EQuIS Enterprise Widget/Dashboard configuration and permissions administration
- EQuIS EDGE and SPM configuration and management
- Other EQuIS products (Live/High-Frequency Data, Alive Biological Data, DQM Data Qualification Module)
- Experience using reporting software (e.g., SSRS, Crystal Reports, Tableau)
- Experience programming/ scripting (Python, R, Java, C#, VB.NET…)